September 14, 2009

The Boxcar Children

Title: The Boxcar Children
Author: Gertrude Chandler Warner
Age Range: 6-12 years old
Reviewer: Sophia
“One warm night four children stood in front of a bakery. No one knew them. No one knew where they had come from.” That is how The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner begins. The four children where orphans they did not want to go to their grandfather, and they roamed in the forest and found a boxcar and made it their home.

My favorite character is the oldest girl, named Jessie. The children were very smart and helped each other. My favorite part is when the oldest boy named Henry won a race.

The book was exciting and is the first in a series. I am looking forward to reading them all. I am a beginner reader and the book was hard but not too hard. I recommend it to anyone who likes exciting books about families helping each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment